Music is an important thing in video games, it helps the players to get emotionally involved in the gameplay and stay active all the time. But finding a good piece of royalty free music is can become very hard at times.
Royalty free music refers to the music which is absolutely free to use, or requires you to pay a small fee only once, and then you can use the music as many times as you want. You can see this post on FreeMusicArchive.org to find out more about using royalty free music in video games. Here are some pros and cons of using royalty free music in video games.
- This is a much cheaper (and almost free) way of getting music for your video games.
- There are countless music platforms on the internet which contain a wide variety of royalty free music.
- For quality and compatibility reasons, you can first listen all the music and then buy the desirable piece.
- Some platforms would only charge you for the part of a track you want, and not for the whole track.
- After buying, the music is easy to download, and you can start using it immediately in your video games.
- When buying royalty free music online, your choices might be limited depending on the platform.
- You might end up wasting a lot of time visiting different sites and listening to all the music they have.
- Free music is used by many developers these days, and so, there is a high chance that someone else would already have used that track in their own video game.
- If you try to synchronize different parts of your game by adding different sound tracks, your video game might look a bit off.